Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lunar New Year

Isn't it once again the time? Everywhere you go, you hear the consistent blaring of Chinese new year songs that repeats itself all over and over again. People wearing red. Some probably even go to the extent of dying their hair red as well. Oh well. For me, I guess it is just a period of time where all Chinese in the world celebrate and probably lose some money either by small gambling with your relatives or by giving away red packets.

This year, its going to be quite different. I am going to Malaysia, Perak for the Lunar New Year. My father's relatives are currently residing over there. Yes. It would be a long ride there. Its a well 780++ km to the destination. That means a whole lot of travelling to do. Not to mention a great big lot of car sickness to deal with. Of course that can be easily remedied. With my BIG trusty medicated oil, I can practically cure all kinds of ailments that is bound to occur in the car.

I am setting off in a few hours time. My bag is all packed and I'm ready to go. It kind of makes me wonder how long it will take us to reach there. There is no internet connection and how I will be able to stay in contact with my beloved friends in Singapore for the New Year? Oh woe is me!

I guess I can only wait till I return from Malaysia before I talk to you people again. In the mean time, can someone please plan a dinner or lunch outing for us during this Chinese New Year? We ought to have a gathering as well. I know those on IPP are usually tired after work but we can always have it on a weekend. :) Roan, would you please do the honours? You are the one who will most probably be busy on Saturday, so why not you plan so that we can fit your schedule?

I will be back on the coming Wednesday. So please don't miss me too much. Afterall, just enjoy your Chinese New Year and I wish all of you prosperity and success in everything you do!

No comments: