Saturday, April 08, 2006

1st April 2006 April's Fool day!

On the decree of the Empress Dowager Pocky Roan, I, a measly small historian, is hereby ordered to document and narrate the day, on 1st April 2006. On this very memorial day, Empress Dowager and her associatiates gathered at Marina South indulge in a little wine and dine. (There wasn't any ale. Sadly.) I am honoured that the Empress Dowager invited me to their little fiesta.

So the day started with little ol` me arriving first at the rendevous point. (Of course I had to be there the earliest! I still wanna keep my rice bowl and my head.) Not long later, the Empress' favourite torturer arrived.




The famous, or should I say infamous Imperial Torturer, Shu Yun.



I always shudder with fear whenever she appears. It seems as though she always has a whip handy just in case I misbehave and that will be the last you see of me. We were both waiting silently when suddenly I heard...

"Accompany me to shop or you shall taste the wraith of my whip! lest I tell Empress Dowager."

I turned around hoping that it was not my worst fear coming true but fate has another plan in stored for me. It was Shu Yun speaking to me. Horrors of all horrors! I meekly agreed and followed behind her. A few short steps later, Parco Bugis Junction was in view. A thousand thoughts were constantly running in my mind.

"What am I going to do if she lashes out her whip?"

"How am I going to get myself out of this predicament?"


I was in peril. Time just seem to pass so slowly. I raised my head and saw that we have already arrived outside The Coffee Bean where my cell phone rang. I heaved a sigh of relief and was glad that the phone has saved me from nervous mood I was in. I fumbled with the phone in my pockets in a while before drawing out to answer. It was Prime Minister Rabbit's wife, Xiu Hui a.k.a Da Jie.

Out of respect, I immediately knelt down to the ground and was chanting, "Long live Da Jie!" Until I was issued the command to rise, I stayed on the ground with the phone plugged to my ear. Da jie asked us where we were and I was told that they were arriving soon.

The Imperial Torturer and I awaited their arrival outside The Coffee Bean. Upon the sighting of them, we knelt down and paid our respects again. Now the couple was dressed lavishly from head to toe. Jewels, pearls and not to mention gold. I hung my head low so as to avert their stares.



Prime Minister Rabbit and Da Jie.


"Please enjoy your time shopping while waiting for the rest to arrive. I was also informed by Princess Shereen and The Empress Dowager's sister, Jie Yi that they will arrive later than intended. Grand Advisor, Amilia, and Cousin of Princess Shereen, Joycelin, and her beloved is on the way. As for The Empress Dowager herself, she is currently in the church worshipping the heavenly bodies," I said.

All I heard was a distinct, "very well" and they carried on with their shopping. Soon every one arrived only with the exception of Princess Shereen and Dowager's sister, Jie Yi and Dowager herself. We walked around Parco Bugis Junction aimlessly for a few moments before deciding to place a reservation at the eatery where we are intending to have steamboat at.

The walk seemed to last forever although it was just short one. I could not imagine what would be served there. The place was small and cramped but it has a little warm feeling about it. We stood outside and wondered a bit before the host of the eatery came out and...

"Come come! How many perople are there?" while cranning her neck behind to look for her assistant. "Dian Xiao Er! Hurry up! The prime minister is here! Clean the table and the seats. Offer him the best wine we have!"

I could see the shop assistant scrambling to his feet and rushed off into the kitchen and searching for the wine. I was about to tell the host that we are still considering whether to eat here when the Prime Minister quipped up.

"You! Lowly historian. Go and taste the food to see if it is nice and safe for us to stomach. Go or else your head will roll or I will set our Imperial Torturer on you!"

I turned around and saw that Shu Yun was happily polishing her whip, poised for any oncoming command that the Prime Minister might give. There was a smirk on her face while she looked at me with terror reign over her head.

"Ye... ye.. ye.. yes sir! I will go try the food. Just do not set The Imperial Torturer on me."

As I stepped into the eatery, there was a vile odour that invaded my nostrils. I held my breath and bravely stepped into the barren place where no plants or animals can survive. (I mean that the food sucks, literally.) As I went to sit down, the shop assistant is already on his way out with a plate of food.

What I saw on the plate is beyond my wildest imgaination.

"Is this even fit for dogs to eat?!"

I was trembling as I stole a glimpse at The Prime Minister. He nodded his head and signaled me to go ahead and test it. I took another quick glimpse at Shu Yun. She was still polishing her whip, habouring hopes of being able to use her weapon. I took the spoon and scooped some food. Raising it to my mouth, I could smell...


To be continued...

Any characters mention in this story is completely fictatious. Anyone with the same name as the characters is purely coincidental. The writer's imagination is working overtime and this is his result of writing. I hope you do enjoy it. Part two will be coming out soon. Please be patient.

No comments: